Hand-Made Vegetable Tofu
Vegetable of choice 250g
1 tablespoon of traditional natural bittern
1. Soak the beans for more than 1 day until the beans get bigger 2-3 times.
2. Mix the soaked beans and water at a 1:1 ratio. Ensure juicer lever is closed.
3. Put your vegetable of choice in and extract it. The colour of the vegetable will be the colour of the tofu.
4. After inserting the last ingredient, half-open the lever to release the compressed pulp.
5. Put the extracted bean water in the pot and and boil it in medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid burning.
6. If bean water boils up, turn off the fire and put the bittern in little by little by stirring it.
7. Put the soft hand-made tofu in the tofu kit and let it cool and harden up.
8. Once cooled, remove the tofu from the tofu kit, and plate up and serve.
Tips & Notes
1. Natural bittern has different concentration depending on manufacturers.
2. If you want to use protein coagulation instead of bittern, adjust the recipe to 200ml of water, 2 tablespoons of vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of salt, and mix them.