5 Easy And Delicious Holiday Juice Recipes Everyone Should Try
The holiday season is that time of the year when people gather together to celebrate and enjoy the company of family and friends, but it’s also the time of the year when you find yourself being pressured into eating more than your fill because there are so many wonderful treats around.
If you want to stick to your diet, or just make room in your stomach for all those delicious Christmas treats, you can make some delicious healthy juices for the holidays instead! This article will show you how to make some guilt-free yummy juices for the whole holiday season.
Apple Cinnamon Tea
Craving for some apple pie but you want to save up on the calories? This is a quick and easy way to fill that craving while also being the perfect morning pick-me-up.
- Brewed Black Tea
- 1 - 2 Apples
- Cinnamon Powder
- Brew your black tea according to preferred strength and serving size.
- Prepare apples for juicing.
- Juice apples using the fine strainer.
- Stir apple juice into tea.
- Top with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon powder and enjoy!
(If you want to sweeten the drink, we recommend adding honey or maple syrup)
Gingerbread Milk (Lactose Free)
Fancy a cup of lactose free gingerbread goodness? This is a great drink to cosy up to at night and is sure to warm up everyone’s hearts.
- Filtered water
- Fresh Ginger
- Nutmeg Powder
- Honey/Maple Syrup
- Speculoos Biscuits
- Soak the almonds with water overnight.
- Throw away the overnight water and rinse the almonds.
- Put the almonds and water into the juicer (1:1 ratio).
- Juice the fresh ginger (about ½ - 1 inch per serving).
- Simmer the mix to preferred thickness (ensure it does not go to a rolling boil).
- Remove from heat and add honey/maple syrup to taste.
- Add a dusting of nutmeg powder.
- Top off with speculoos biscuit crumbles and enjoy!
(1 cup of almonds yields 1 cup of almond milk. Adjust the recipe according to how much milk you would like!)
Ginger is a powerful digestive aid. Have this after heavy meals and you won’t have to worry about feeling bloated.
Strawberry Watermelon Lime Mint
If you are looking for something refreshing, look no further, you’ve found the perfect recipe! We can’t run away from the fact that we live in a tropical climate, so this one is for those merry sunny afternoons.
- Strawberry (½ cup per serving)
- Watermelon (1 ½ cups per serving)
- Lime (½ lime per serving)
- Mint (1-2 stalks per serving)
- Wash strawberries and remove the top.
- Remove watermelon and lime rinds and cut to appropriate size.
- Juice watermelon, lime, and mint first followed by strawberries.
- Add some ice, garnish the drink with extra mint leaves, and enjoy!
To give your juice that extra panache, use yellow watermelon. This will wow both your tastebuds and eyes!
Non-alcoholic Mulled Wine
Nothing says Christmas like some toasty mulled wine. However, alcohol isn’t everyone’s cup of tea and you may want to also share these festive flavours with your kids. This recipe is taken from The Mindful Mocktail and the only difference is that we will be swapping out store bought juices with the healthier and organic alternative. The ingredients are good to serve for 4 people.
- 2 Cups of Pomegranate/Cranberry
- 2 Cups of Water
- 8 Cloves
- 6 Blackberries (optional)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 3 Star Anise
- 1 Orange Sliced
- Honey/Maple Syrup to taste
- Juice pomegranate/cranberries
- Add all ingredients to a large saucepan and bring to a very low boil on medium-high heat.
- Turn heat to low and steam for 30-60 minutes.
- Strain, or remove orange slices and spices.
- Pour into a mug, add garnish, and enjoy!
Pomegranates and cranberries are rich in antioxidants. On top of that, skipping store bought options means that you are saving up from excessive amounts of sugar!
ABC Cheesecake Juice
The ABC juice is a classic recipe amongst most juicing aficionados. This recipe is basically the ABC juice with a fun little Christmas twist at the end.
- 2 Apples
- ½ Beetroot
- 1 Carrot
- 140g Fresh Cream
- 30g Milk
- 5g Condensed Milk
- 30g Cream Cheese
- 5g Sugar
- Some Salt
- Prepare apples, beets, and carrots to the appropriate size.
- Juice the ingredients above into serving cups.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until they have incorporated.
- Whisk until soft peaks.
- Pour the cream onto the juice in the serving cups, and enjoy!
Okay, we will admit that this recipe has some amount of sugar and fats but we can’t resist such a tasty treat. If you want a healthier version with less fats, you can replace half of the cream cheese with greek yogurt. Top it off with a dusting of cocoa/nutmeg for that magic touch.
So there you have it! Feel free to experiment and play around with your own special holiday concoction. If you are unsure of where to start, try this article here on how to give any juice that magic holiday touch.