Mangoes: a fruit so delicious that you can have it more ways than one. Aside from cold-pressed juices, Hurom slow juicers can make other types of food and drinks too. The possibility to get creative with a Hurom slow juicer is endless! Below are three easy to follow mango recipes for you to try out.
1. Mango Popsicles
Mango popsicles are excellent refreshing snacks to beat that Singapore heat. It is a healthier yet equally delicious option when compared to store-bought cold treats. Although the recipe we have below is super simple, you can get creative by adding toppings such as sliced fruits or nata de coco into the popsicle mixture!
*Disclaimer: Do note that the number of mangoes needed depends on the size of your popsicle mould.
- Juice the mangoes according to the size of your mould. For our 8 tiny popsicles, we used 1 mango!
- Pour the juice into the mould.
- Freeze for 8 hours.
If popsicles aren't your thing, perhaps a smooth creamy sorbet can help with alleviating the hotness of Singapore's weather. There is no need for additional sugar or flavouring in this recipe if you use ripe mangoes. To make sorbet or ice cream using Hurom slow juicers, you will need to have a Hurom juicer that is compatible with the ice cream strainer.
- Cut and peel the mango.
- Put the mango into a food container and freeze for 8 - 10 hours.
- Swap the original Hurom juicer strainer with the ice cream strainer.
- Remove the orange stopper on the underside of the pulp extractor at the bottom of the juicer.
- Put in the frozen mango and start the juicer.
- Once the juicing process is done, scoop up the mango sorbet onto a bowl and add your favourite toppings!
3. Mango Mocktail
A thirst-quenching drink that can be enjoyed by people of all ages! Mango mocktail is an easy drink to make and perfect for any occasion. Turn this recipe into a mango cocktail by adding alcohol to your preference.
This recipe is adapted from Chew Out Loud's Mango Cooler Cocktail recipe.
- 60ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 60ml of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 240ml, 1 medium-sized mango
- 120ml of lemon-lime soda
- Diced mangoes (optional)
- Squeeze the lemon and lime until you have 60ml of each.
- Cut and peel the mango, proceed to juice using the Hurom juicer
- Pour Ingredients 1 - 4 in a pitcher and then mix
- Optional: Add in the diced mangoes for texture and more flavour
If you tried out the recipe, share with us the process and the end product by tagging @huromsingapore on Instagram or Facebook!
Need some ideas for juice recipes? Check out our Hurom recipes here: https://huromsingapore.com/pages/juice-recipes-health