Plant milk is delicious on its own, when mixed with coffee or when you have it with cereal. (Plant milk is delicious with coffee, cereal or even on its own.) Different from (Unlike) dairy milk which is creamy, plant milk steers to tasting nutty. For those who have yet to try out plant milk, you can get some from the nearest supermarket or try making it at home. If you have plant milk at home right now, try out these recipes below!
Tofu is made by coagulating soy milk, scooping up the curds and then pressing the curds into blocks to become tofu. Although tofu is easily available at any supermarket, you can try making your own tofu at home and get creative with it. It will be fun and is a good bonding activity (it also tastes very delicious)!
To make tofu from scratch, have some soy milk ready. We have a recipe to make soy milk at home in our previous article.
1 block of tofu
- Bring the soy milk to a boil in a pot.
- Add in half of the lemon and coagulant mixture and stir.
- Turn off the heat and add in the other half of the coagulant mixture.
- Cover and let the pot sit for about 20 minutes.
- Scoop the curds onto a cheesecloth over a bowl and squeeze out the moisture (be careful as it may still be hot!).
- Lay something heavy on top of the cheesecloth for 20 minutes to let the tofu form.
2. Oat Milk and Chocolate Agar Agar
A sweet dessert perfect for mid-day or late-night snacks! You can make this agar treat in a jiffy. As this dessert is made using agar-agar, it is a vegan-friendly recipe! We have a recipe for homemade oat milk if you want to give it a try.
You can switch the cocoa powder with matcha powder or honey if you want to try something new.
- Mix the agar powder into the oat milk and bring it to a boil.
- Pour the mixture into the mould of your choice.
- Bring the water to a boil and mix in the cocoa and agar powder.
- Pour the mixture on top of the oat milk layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cold.
If you tried out the recipe, share with us the process and the end product by tagging @huromsingapore on Instagram or Facebook!
Need some ideas for juice recipes? Check out our Hurom recipes here: https://huromsingapore.com/pages/juice-recipes-health